Tuesday February 18, 2014
RISE speakers to shine
An all-star line up of financial leaders will bring their expertise to the annual RISE 14 student investment conference.
The University of Dayton's RISE 14 conference will welcome a Federal Reserve president and a line up of financial industry leaders to the annual student investment forum.
Sandra Pianalto, president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and 2014 FOMC voting member, will headline the event on Thursday, March 27.
CNBC's Kelly Evans will anchor "Closing Bell," from the conference from 3-5 p.m. Thursday, March 27, EST. She will also serve as a moderator and panelist. CNBC is the official broadcast partner for the event.
They'll join a lineup of CEOs and strategists from some of the top investment firms in the world March 27-29 for RISE (Redefining Investment Strategy Education), the largest and most prestigious student investment conference in the world. Online registration closes March 10; reduced registration rates are available until Feb. 28.
David Kudla, executive director of RISE 14 and CEO and CIO of Mainstay Capital Management LLC said: "Sandra Pianalto plays an important role in formulating U.S. monetary policy; her perspective on the economy will be of great interest to students, faculty and professionals alike. We are especially pleased that she will participate in the RISE Women's breakfast."
Professional champion snowboarder and Ohio native Louie Vito will be a special guest speaker.
Kudla acknowledged that asking a professional snowboarder to address an investment conference is a bit unusual, but said college-age students attending the conference will relate to Vito.
"Louie Vito has an important message for young people on how small steps build to great things, both in athletic achievement and finances," Kudla said. "He'll bring excitement and inspiration to students and his message of determination and persistence will resonate with both students and professionals."
Sponsored by TD Ameritrade, Vito is participating in the company's #itaddsup initiative, which emphasizes that small steps lead up to great things in both investing and athletics.
RISE will also welcome the winner and four finalists of TheStreet's "Next Great StockPickr" competition as well as Stephanie Link, CIO of TheStreet Inc.
Confirmed panelists and moderators include:
- Milton Ezrati, partner, senior economist and market strategist, Lord Abbet & Co. LLC
- Mellody Hobson, president, Ariel Investments
- Giles Keating, head of research for private banking and wealth management and deputy global chief investment officer, Credit Suisse
- Russ Koesterich, chief investment strategist BlackRock and chief global strategist iShares
- Thomas McManus, managing director, portfolio manager/analyst, Lazard Asset Management LLC. (New York)
- Bill Miller, chairman and CIO, LMM LLC
- Mark Okada, co-founder and CIO, Highland Capital Management LP
- Philip Orlando, senior vice president, senior portfolio manager, chief equity market strategist, Federated Investors Inc.
- Tim Seymour, founder and managing partner, Triogem Asset Management LP
- Jerry Webman, senior investment officer and chief economist, OppenheimerFunds Inc.
Professionals and the general public may attend RISE Thursday, March 27. Students and faculty stay through noon, March 29 for breakout sessions, workshops, networking and a career strategies forum — all conducted by industry professionals. Schools may also participate in the optional RISE student-managed portfolio competition, with cash prizes totaling up to $6,000.
Registrations at reduced rates close Feb. 28. Registration for professionals and faculty is now $265 and will be $315 after Feb. 28. Registration for students is $195 and will be $240 after Feb. 28. High school students who are sophomores or above and college students may apply for scholarships to cover registration fees. Online registration closes March 10.
For more information, visit RISE 14 at http://www.udayton.edu/business/rise/ or contact RISE at 937-229-1444 or email@example.com.
Join the conversation about RISE on social media:
LinkedIn: University of Dayton RISE Forum
Facebook: University of Dayton R.I.S.E.