Office of Legal Affairs
The Office of Legal Affairs manages and supervises all legal matters for the University, with the exception of certain research-related matters that are handled by attorneys within the University of Dayton Research Institute (UDRI).
Our attorneys strive to advance the mission of the University by providing timely, strategic and creative advice toward sound decision-making in all issues that face the University. This means that our attorneys work closely with University leadership, faculty, and staff who encounter projects or other issues with legal implications in the course of their work for the University. The Office aims to be proactive rather than reactive, and seeks to provide preventative counsel and training in order to anticipate and minimize risks before they become financial, operational, strategic, or reputational issues for the University community.
University of Dayton Office of Legal Affairs Policies
- Affirmative Action Policy
- Authority to Formulate and Sign Contracts
- Background Check Policy (new)
- Children on Campus and Working with Minors Policy (new)
- Mandatory Reporting Policy
- Nondiscrimination and Anti-harassment Policy
- Policy on Outside Legal Counsel (new)
- Policy on Policies (new)
- Record Retention Policy (new)