- Provost's Office
- About the Provost's Office
- Faculty and Administrative Affairs
- Academic Affairs and Learning Initiatives (AALI)
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Common Academic Program (CAP)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Educational Leadership Council (ELC)
- Stander Symposium
- UD Speaker Series
What is a Provost?
The Provost serves as the University‘s chief academic officer to preserve, develop and promote the University‘s academic mission and vision. The Provost’s principal obligation is to support, guide, and coordinate the academic and research units and their support systems. Responsibilities include strategic planning; budgetary decision-making; program review and improvement; and the approval of faculty, administrator, and staff appointments in those areas under the Provost’s direct supervision.