- Provost's Office
- About the Provost's Office
- Faculty and Administrative Affairs
- Academic Affairs and Learning Initiatives (AALI)
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Common Academic Program (CAP)
- CAP for Students
- CAP Advising and Approved Course Lists
- CAP 101
- CAP Committees
- CAP Components
- CAP Course Proposals
- CAP Faculty Development
- CAP Faculty Resources
- Course Development Grants
- CAP Video Library
- CAP News
- CAP Fac Dev't Resource Site
- UD SLO Assessment Rubrics
- A to Z
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Educational Leadership Council (ELC)
- Stander Symposium
- UD Speaker Series
CAP Course Proposals
Course Proposal Form, Tutorial and Tips
The Course Inventory Management (CIM) System is used for all course proposals and existing course revisions. You can log in using your Novell username and password. This is live data. Anything that you change will go through the designated workflow process for your unit.
For | Do This in CIM
New Courses - Click "Propose New Course".
- Be sure to use the CAP Course Proposal Tips document to guide the language used in your proposal.
You should access CIM in Internet Explorer 7 (or higher) or Firefox. It will not function using Chrome.
CAP Course Review Guidelines
The CAP Committee (CAPC) has developed CAP Course Review Guidelines as a summary of the CAP components created by the CAP Senate document (visit CAP 101 to access this document). These guidelines are a reference tool for the CAPC and may be used as part of the CAPC review process for the approval of CAP courses. We are sharing this resource as a tool for those faculty developing CAP courses.
Please note that this resource is an evolving, working document and will be updated from time to time so be sure to check for the latest revision before using it to evaluate your developing CAP courses.
Get in Touch
Common Academic Program
University of Dayton
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-1302Contact Us