Resources for Students in Recovery

The college environment may be challenging for some students.  Many are forging new relationships, adjusting to diverse living arrangements, trying to balance class schedules, and socializing with their peers, which may or may not involve the use of alcohol and other drugs.  Often times, it is a struggle to effectively manage the newfound freedom that comes with living away from home.  If you are a student who recently completed treatment or you are in recovery, how do you manage the normal adjustments to college, stay consistent with your recovery, and fare in an environment that may not be supportive of recovery? You don’t do it alone; we want you to know there are resources for you.  

Campus Resources that you Can Access

Sober Flyers is an open Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Meeting held every Wednesday in Alumni Hall-Women's Center Lounge, Room 208 from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.  Also, there are daily AA meetings in the Dayton area. Click here to see the schedule of meetings.

The Counseling Center, located on the first floor in Gosiger Hall, is where you may find support to discuss challenges that may be impeding your transition to college and academic success.  Counseling services may be used in conjunction with active participation in a program of recovery. Please click here for more information.

Campus Activities Available to Students

The Center for Alcohol and Other Drugs Resources and Education offers alcohol-free events during the school year, such as Alcohol Awareness Week.  For more information on events, or if you would like information on RISE programs, please visit their website

Center for Alcohol and Other Drugs Resources and Education hosts events for students who indicate via AlcoholEdu their preference to attend alcohol-free events and activities.  Individuals who share their name on the list are invited, as well as other students who wish to attend alcohol-free events.

The Campus Activities Board (CAB) is a student-run programing board.  They work with the Center for Student Involvement to host alcohol-free events and late-night programing for University of Dayton students.  Most of the events are free or involve a nominal fee. Please visit their website for more information.

Center for Alcohol and Other Drugs Resources and Education offers support, consultation services, and brief interventions.  While we do not offer recovery resources that you might find at an agency, such as residential or outpatient treatment services, we can refer you to community resources that may help you plan your transition or that might assist you in maintaining your sobriety while at the University.  Also, you may access SAMSHA’s Treatment Locator service here.  The University of Dayton does not endorse any local treatment provider over another, we simply provide information.

If you have questions or would like to talk, please call our office between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and ask to speak with one of our Licensed Counselors.  The number is 937.229.1233.  Our office is located in the Lawnview Apartments Room 106.  We are here to support you and want you to be successful!

Contact Us

Center for Alcohol and Other Drugs Resources and Education

Lawnview 106 
300 College Park  
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 7230

937 229-1233