- Get Started
- Accounts & Access
- Classroom & Event Services
- Communications & Collaboration
- Computing & Printing
- Data Storage, Back-Up & Recovery
- Equipment Services
- Printing & Printers
- Servicing & Repairs
- Student Computer Requirement
- Policies, Forms & Guidelines
- Safe Computing
- Teaching and Research
- Technology Skill Enhancement
- Get Help
- UDit A to Z Index
- Contact Us
Printing & Printers
Installing Network Printers
- Mac - View iPrint instructions for Mac users (PDF)
- Windows - View iPrint instructions for Windows users (PDF)
Note: Windows Vista 64 bit and Windows 7 64 bit versions require use of Internet Explorer 64 bit browser for iPrint. You must right click the IE 64 bit icon in the Start menu and select "Run as Administrator" to install printers.
Note: Windows 8/8.1 requires use of Internet Explorer from the desktop to install printers. The Windows Start Screen Internet Explorer is a different version of the browser.
Network Printer Locations
- Classrooms/Labs - access granted based on course enrollment
- Department Offices - access granted by department
- Library - available to current faculty, staff and students
Roesch Library Printing
- Visit https://www.udayton.edu/libraries/services/computers.php for information on computing and printing in Roesch Library.
Personally Owned Printers in UD Housing
Printers must be connected using USB or Bluetooth. Wireless printing does not work anywhere on campus or in campus owned housing. Ethernet printing does not work on devices not part of the Campus iPrint system. iPrint is only available for University department owned printers and multifunction devices. Students have access to networked printers in labs and the library.
Scanning to Multifunction Devices
Faculty and staff may have access to scan from multifunction devices in their department.