- Get Started
- Accounts & Access
- Classroom & Event Services
- Communications & Collaboration
- Computing & Printing
- Data Storage, Back-Up & Recovery
- IT Equipment Services
- Printing & Printers
- Servicing & Repairs
- Student Computer Requirement
- IT Equipment Relocation Policy & Fee Schedule
- IT Workstation Upgrade Packages
- Policies, Forms & Guidelines
- Safe Computing
- Teaching and Research
- Technology Skill Enhancement
- UDit A to Z Index
- About UDit
- Get Help
- Contact Us
Software - Getting What You Need
UDit provides access to software that helps you accomplish academic and work related tasks. Always make sure the software you need is compatible with the operating system you are using.
|Microsoft Office for Students and Faculty/Staff Personal Devices|
Microsoft Office 2016
|Sign Up (One Time Only)
Log in: portal.office.com
|UD Hosted Software for Students and University Computers|
|Externally Hosted Course Specific Software for Students|
Autodesk Products - AutoCAD, Civil3D, Inventor
*Software for instructional purposes only
|Microsoft Operating Systems for Students|
|Network Printing on Campus|
iPrint Client & Network Printers
|Software Provided in Class|
|Geology (based on course enrollment)
Note: Students - Additional software required for courses may come with the purchase of a textbook or other distribution means. Should you require assistance installing software from a source other than software.udayton.edu please provide any instructions or information you have about the software when contacting us for help.
All computers connecting to the UD Network should have an antivirus/antimalware product installed with current definitions updated on a regular basis.
- Student Owned Machines - use a product of your choice.
- Faculty/Staff Personally Owned Machines - use a product of your choice. SEP 12 is not available for personally owned machines.
- UD Owned machines - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 (SEP 12) is the University supported product.
Choosing an Antivirus product - you may select a free or paid product from a known provider. Product reviews may help in making your selection.
- Mac - http://www.av-comparatives.org/av-vendors-mac/
- Windows - http://www.av-comparatives.org/av-vendors/
Effective March 1, 2015 anyone running a UD provided version of Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 needs to remove it. If your Mac is property of the university identified with an asset tag, contact UDit to schedule an upgrade to Symantec 12 otherwise use the removal tool provided at the download link. To open it you may need to hold the control key when you click the program in you downloads folder (bypasses Gatekeeper security setting.)