J. Frazier Smith
- Phone: 937-229-5407
- Email: Contact
Frazier began teaching for the University of Dayton in 1998. He continues to serve as a valuable professional with the Dayton Daily News branch of the Cox Media Group as a team leader on the production desk. He also edits and writes for a start-up website that focuses on sports in southwest Ohio. Frazier received the Don B. Morlan Award for Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Member in 2005.
The Faculty Perspective
"I love the family atmosphere of the faculty, and the willingness to help colleagues across disciplines. I continue to be humbled by the complete and selfless cooperation I have received from faculty members who have answered my requests to visit with my media classes over the years (faculty and staff from the Rec Plex, the athletic department, religious studies to name a few). I also love the direction that the university has taken in the area of diversity (faculty and student recruitment)."
- M.S.J., Ohio University (1991)
- B.A., Journalism, Indiana University (1982)
- Multiculturalism and the news media
- Diversity and the news media
- Media and the black community
- News writing as communication ("hard news" and public affairs journalism)
- Storytelling as communication (feature writing, sports writing, profile writing)