School of Education and Allied Professions: Teacher Education
- Location: Chaminade Hall, Room 114
- Phone: 937-229-3302
- Email: Contact
- EDT 408/550 Integrated Language Arts Methods for Adolescent to Young Adult
- EDT 532 Reading & Language Arts for Middle Childhood
- EDT 605 Advanced Study in Reading/Language Arts
- EDT 606 Assessment & Evaluation of Reading Difficulties
- EDT 607 Practicum in Reading Intervention Techniques
- EDT 608 The Writing Classroom
- Ph.D., Language & Literacy Studies, University of Texas at Austin
- M.A., Instructional Technology, University of Texas at Austin
- B.S., Multidisciplinary Studies, English & Theatre Arts Education, McMurry University
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Literacy Research Association (LRA)
- National Council of the Teachers of English (NCTE)
- Technology scaffolds for problem-based learning
- Students who find school learning difficult
- Literacy and the arts
- Bogard, T., Liu, M., Chiang, V. (accepted, 2013). Thresholds of knowledge development in complex problem solving: A multiple-case study of advanced learners’ cognitive processes. To appear in Educational Technology Research and Development.
- Liu, M., Horton, L., Toprac, P., Yuen, T. Bogard, T. (accepted, 2013). Designing technology-enriched cognitive tools to support young learners’ problem solving. To appear in the International Journal of Cognitive Technology.
- Unverfert, A. R., Talbert-Johnson, C., Bogard, T. (2012). Perceived barriers for first-generation students: Reforms to level the terrain. International Journal of Educational Reform, 21(4), 238-252.
- Worthy, J., Consalvo, A. L., Bogard, T., Russell, K. W. (2012). Fostering Academic and Social Growth in a Primary Literacy Workshop Classroom: "Restorying" Students with Negative Reputations. Elementary School Journal, 112(4), 568-589.http://www.jstor.org/stable/
- Worthy, J., Consalvo, A., Russell, K., Bogard, T. (2011). Spaces for academic and interpersonal growth in a primary literacy workshop classroom. In The 55th Yearbook of the Literacy Research Association, 60:55-67. Oak Creek: Literacy Research Association.
- Liu, M., Horton, L. R., Corliss, S. B., Svinicki, M. D., Bogard, T., Kim, J., Chang, M. (2009). Students' problem solving as mediated by their cognitive tool use: A study of tool use patterns. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 49(1):111-139.
- Yang, M., Chen, Y., Kim, M., Chang, Y.-F., Cheng, A., Bogard, T., Park, Y., & Jordan, Michelle (2006). Facilitating or limiting? The role of politeness in how students participate in an online classroom discussion. In The 55th Yearbook of the National Reading Conference, 55:415. Oak Creek: National Reading Conference.