School Psychology (M.S.E., Ed.S.)

Create positive environments and make a difference in the lives of children with a degree in school psychology.

The purpose of our NASP- and NCATE-approved program is to train you to assist educators and parents in the most contemporary problem-solving methods to meet the educational and mental health needs of children and youth in schools. Our program prepares you to use intervention-based consultation and assessment approaches in the specialist-level training. Couple that with your culminating experience in the program — a hands-on internship — and you are equipped to make a dramatic impact in your immediate practice.

To receive your license, you are required to complete both the master's degree as well as the specialist-level training.

Admission Requirements

Applicants to the school psychology program should submit the following information in addition to the online application:

  1. Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked Issued to Student, and unofficial copies are not acceptable.
  2. Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers.
  3. A personal statement.
  4. Results from the GRE are required.

Additional requirements apply for international students.

Once an applicant has successfully met the required admission criteria outlined above, there will be a faculty review. Following faculty review of these materials, the applicant may be invited to interview with department faculty.

The application deadline for the school psychology program is January 10 for the fall term.

Academic Requirements

Program requirements can be found in the online Catalog. 

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I learn more about the program?
Please visit School Psychology program website >>

Can I apply for a graduate assistantship?
Yes! Learn more >>

How do I learn more about Counselor Education & Human Services?
Visit the Department of Counselor Education & Human Services >>