Policies & Procedures
Helpful information for our Department of Mathematics community:
Department Calculator Policy
Please review the Department of Mathematics Calculator Policy for the following courses:
- MTH 137-138 Calculus I with Review
- MTH 148 Introductory Calculus I
- MTH 149 Introductory Calculus II
- MTH 168 Analytic Geometry and Calculus I
- MTH 169 Analytic Geometry and Calculus II
- MTH 218 Analytic Geometry and Calculus III
Graphing calculators can be an invaluable tool in calculus (and other classes). We encourage the use of these calculators and will permit their use on tests, unless indicated otherwise by the instructor.
The use of a calculator equipped with a computer algebra system (such as the TI-89 or TI-92) is not permitted on tests.
Students should consult with their instructors to made sure they understand the calculator policy in their courses. Even when students are allowed to utilize graphing calculators on tests, they must still show sufficient work to justify their answers. Students should consult with their instructors to clarify what constitutes "sufficient work."Top