Undergraduate International Admission
Located in the Midwestern city of Dayton, Ohio, the University of Dayton is a top-tier, doctoral-level university, and it has been educating students since 1850. The University offers more than 80 undergraduate programs.
Named a "best college" by The Princeton Review, we work hard to make you feel at home. Because of these opportunities, the University of Dayton was named a leading university worldwide in learning, living and support services, according to the International Student Barometer.
Undergraduate International Admission Requirements
International students applying for first-year or transfer admission to the University of Dayton must submit the following documents:
- Application, including the essay. International students applying for Summer 2017 or Fall 2017 should complete the new University of Dayton Application or the Common Application. Regardless of which application you submit, there is no application fee.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Official copy of secondary transcripts (in language of original issue) of all previously attended secondary schools, including dates of attendance, all subjects studied, grades earned and marks achieved on examinations; any transcripts not issued in English should be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- F-1 and J-1 students must provide a letter of financial support and a bank statement showing sufficient funds to cover the first year of study.
- Interview (optional). While not required for admission, international students may submit a third-party unscripted interview, in collaboration with a company such as InitialView or Fanping (Chinese students). The interview allows applicants to discuss their unique background and goals that can differentiate an applicant from their peers. These websites are not a part of the official application process; however, it can be used to evaluate a potential applicant to UD. Applicants are responsible for scheduling this optional interview and paying any associated fees.
For details about these application materials, and to learn more about the admission process, read the admission information for international students (.pdf).
All application materials should be sent to:
Office of International Admission
University of Dayton
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-1604 U.S.A.
The University of Dayton's calendar year is divided into three terms. Application deadlines for international students are:
- Fall term (August through December) — May 1
- Spring term (January through April) — November 1
- Summer term (May through July) — Case-by-case basis