Assistant Professor of Finance
School of Business Administration: Economics and Finance
- Phone: 937-229-3428
- Email: Contact
- FIN 360 - Investments
- FIN 460 - Portfolio Management & Security Analysis
- FIN 480 - Options and Futures Markets
- University of Rhode Island, PhD
- University of Northern Iowa, MBA/MAcc
- Corporate finance
- Fixed income
- Empirical asset pricing
- International finance
- An, H., Lee, Y., Zhang, T. Do Corporations Manipulate Earnings to Meet or Beat Analysts' Expectations? Evidence from Pension Plan Assumption Changes. Forthcoming in Review of Accounting Studies.
- Wang, F., Zhang, T. The Effect of Unfunded Pension Liabilities on Bond Ratings, Default Probability and Recovery Rate. Forthcoming in Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
- Wang, F., Zhang, T. Financial Crisis and Credit Crunch in the Housing Market. Forthcoming in Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics.
- Mohan, N., Zhang, T. (2014). An Analysis of Risk-Taking for Defined Benefit Public Pension Plans. Journal of Banking and Finance, 40, 403-419.
- An, H., Zhang, T. (2013). Stock Price Synchronicity, Crash Risk, and Institutional Investors? Journal of Corporate Finance, 21, 1-15.
- An, H., Huang, Z., Zhang, T. (2013). What Determines Corporate Pension Fund Risk-Taking Strategy? Journal of Banking and Finance, 37(2), 597-613
- Chen, X., Yu, T., Zhang, T. (2013). What Drives Corporate Pension Plan Contributions: Moral Hazard or Tax Benefits? Financial Analysts Journal, 69(4), 58-72.
- Lin, B., Lu, R., and Zhang, T. (2012). Tax-Induced Earnings Management in Emerging Markets: Evidence from China. Journal of the American Taxation Association, 34(2), 19-44.
- Yao, T., Yu, T., Zhang, T., Chen, S. (2011). Asset Growth and Stock Returns: Evidence from Asian Financial Market. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 19(1), 115-139.
- Huang, Z., Heian, J., Zhang, T. (2011). Difference of Opinion, Overconfidence, and the High-volume Return Premium. Journal of Financial Research, 34(1), 1-25.