The Department of Physics at the University of Dayton offers a vigorous program in both its educational and research endeavors. Our majors are strongly encouraged to become involved in undergraduate research projects and many opportunities exist for such. Graduates find that the undergraduate physics degree provides them with the foundation for various careers in physics and other fields as well. Some of the features of the department:
- UD ranks among the top 4-year private colleges in the number of graduates who earn the Ph.D. degree in physics.
- UD physics majors consistently win academic scholarships in national competition.
- Low student/faculty ratio.
- Research participation for undergraduates.Modern instructional and research laboratories.
- Nationally recognized SPS (Society of Physics Students) chapter.
- Internship and co-op opportunities.
Among these features, the low student/faculty ratio and undergraduate research participation add a dynamic atmosphere to the UD physics department.