What’s new with Dining Services and KU?
Follow us as we plan and get ready for our renovation of both dining areas in Kennedy Union.
- November 2016 - KU food court closes for a major renovation featuring three micro restaurants.
- November 2016 - Chaminade Cafe opens for replacement dining during renovation.
- December 2016 - Barrett dining closes for the conversion to an Au Bon Pain cafe and bakery.
- January 2017 - UD dining partners with Emerson for the use of the commercial kitchen facilities in the Helix Center during renovation period.
- January 2017 - Grab N Go Go Go opens in KU Hangar
- May 2017 - KU Lobby and Torch close for renovation.
- August 2017 - Au Bon Pain opens to the public
- August 2017 - New KU micro-restaurants opens to the public.
- August 2017 - KU Lobby and Torch and open for leisure, celebration and enjoyment
- August 2017 - A new era of KU dining
Our Portfolio: National Award winning operation
Did you know that for 7 consecutive years, the University of Dayton Dining Services operations and special events have been nationally recognized? In fact this year Dining Services received 2 gold medals through national competition. This recognition is from the National Association of College and University Food Service (NACUFS), and is voted on by their peers. Included on the list of winners this year were University of Notre Dame, University of Miami, Ohio University, University of Michigan, Tulane University, Skidmore University and the University Wisconsin to name a few.