What’s new with Dining Services and KU?
Follow us as we plan and get ready for our renovation of both dining areas in Kennedy Union.
- The summer is almost over and here is what was happening within Dining. The KU kitchen on the ground floor has been closed for a face lift. The kitchen area received a new floor, new equipment placement, new ceiling and lighting. The area is also being prepped for the move of Central Production from River Campus to the KU kitchen area. Catering has moved from KU and sharing a kitchen to River Campus to a new kitchen area. Most orders will be prepared from this location. Catering will be taking over the operation of Riverview Café.
- August 2016 - New food production facility, Central Production, to open in KU kitchen
- August 2016 - All UD dining venues to open for the 2016 fall term.
- August 2016 - Mini remodel to be completed in the Emporium; look for fountain beverages as one of our new offerings.
- Fall Term 2016 - UD's new food truck will be arriving. Get ready for Rudy on the Run!
- November 2016 - KU food court closes for a major renovation featuring three micro restaurants.
- November 2016 - Chaminade Cafe opens for replacement dining during renovation.
- December 2016 - Barrett dining closes for the conversion to an Au Bon Pain cafe and bakery.
- January 2017 - UD dining partners with Emerson for the use of the commercial kitchen facilities in the Helix Center during renovation period.
- January 2017 - Grab N Go Go Go opens in KU Hangar
- January 2017 - KU Copy Center moves to NEW HOME in 102 Powerhouse with card services.
- May 2017 - KU Lobby, Torch and old Copy Center closes for renovation.
- August 2017 - Au Bon Pain opens to the public
- August 2017 - New KU micro-restaurants opens to the public.
- August 2017 - KU Lobby, Torch and old Copy Center open for leisure, celebration and enjoyment
- August 2017 - A new era of KU dining
Our Portfolio: National Award winning operation
Did you know that for 7 consecutive years, the University of Dayton Dining Services
operations and special events have been nationally recognized? In fact this year
Dining Services received 2 gold medals through national competition. This recognition
is from the National Association of College and University Food Service (NACUFS), and
is voted on by their peers. Included onthe list of winners this year were University of
Notre Dame, University of Miami, Ohio University, University of Michigan, Tulane
University, Skidmore University and the University Wisconsin to name a few.