- Environmental Health & Safety/Risk Management
- About EHS/RM
- Emergency Information
- Online Training
- Biological Safety
- Compressed Gas Cylinder
- Dining Services
- Driver Certification
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Materials Shipping
- Laboratory Safety
- Laser Safety
- Lockout / Tagout
- Respiratory Protection
- X-Ray Emitting Equipment Training
- Lockout Tagout (LOTO) Training Quiz
- Risk Management
- Safety Culture
- Get In Touch
Online Safety Training
The University of Dayton requires* that certain faculty, staff and students be trained before being authorized to perform certain tasks on campus.
Training available online is presented as a video or powerpoint presentation. Please watch and/or read through the presentation to learn about each particular category. For documentation or insurance purposes, online training must be documented. Generally, this is accomplished via a quiz that is submitted following the online presentation.
Not sure about what training is needed? Please refer to this training matrix based on job description.
Click on the individual training tab to access each training module.
Available Training Modules
Do you work with compressed gas cylinders? It is important to recognize that if not handled properly, these pressurized cylinders pose both physical and health hazards. Review this module to learn more about how to properly handle compressed gas cylinders.
This training explains the requirements for shipping hazardous materials and is required for anyone prior to submitting a hazardous shipment request. Please note that only certified individuals are capable of actually shipping hazardous materials.
* Much of the general and refresher training can be accessed and completed online. However, depending on the task, additional initial in class training and/or demonstration may be required. EHS/RM offers live training and demonstrations on a variety of safety items for large groups, as well as trainings that cannot be offered online. Please contact EHS/RM office at 937-229-4503 (x94503) to inquire about live or group training sessions.
** Federal and state laws and University of Dayton policy require all workers to receive applicable safety training and be informed of potential health and safety risks that may be present in their workplace. Documentation must be maintained to demonstrate that such training was provided and received.
*** System compatibility issues - please note that some web browsers and/or operating systems have difficulty playing online training presentations. View this troubleshooting guide if you encounter problems while trying to view a presentation online.