- HR Home
- Employment Opportunities
- Employee Relations
- Employee Resources
- Banner/Porches HR Connections Resources
- Discounts for Employees
- Disability Accommodation for Employees
- Dual Career Resources
- Employment Verification
- Hiring Manager Toolkit
- HR Forms
- New Employee Resources
- University Organizational Charts
- Employment and Labor Law Posters
- Learning and Development
- Wellness Program
Disability Accommodation for Employees
The University of Dayton provides reasonable accommodations to applicants for employment, and for employees who are qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions or duties of their positions, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship for the University.
Under federal law, a person is considered to have a disability if he or she:
1. has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities (such as hearing, seeing, speaking, breathing, performing manual tasks, walking, caring for oneself, learning, or concentrating);
2. has a record of having such an impairment; or
3. is regarded as having such an impairment class.
It is the responsibility of an employee with a physical or mental disability to make an accommodation request. To request an accommodation for a disability, you should talk with your supervisor or the Office of Human Resources. In most cases, the University will require appropriate documentation of the disability and the need for the specific requested accommodation. The University intends that its procedures will facilitate an interactive process of dialogue and timely exchange of information between the employee and the University.
In addition to facilitating and coordinating reasonable accommodations for disabled employees and/or applicants, the Office of Human Resources is also available to address questions or concerns, and to provide training on a variety of disability-related topics.
For further information, contact the Office of Human Resources at (937) 229-2541