A Strong Front-line Secures the Bottom Line.
The center also presents Supervisor and Professional Development Programs for new and experienced supervisors, managers and individual contributors from companies of all sizes. Participants do not have to complete the Leadership Certificate Program for Supervisor and Professionals to participate in these programs.
High-caliber, subject-matter experts from the Dayton Region and beyond are carefully chosen to present cutting-edge information. Participants will leave each program with thought-provoking material that can be taken back to the workplace and immediately applied, to help you achieve profitable growth.
These programs are ideal for new and experienced supervisors and other professionals looking to develop their leadership and management skills.
A variety of one-day programs are held throughout the year. Topics include conflict management, supervision, communication skills, leadership essentials, stress and time management and decision-making.
Professional Programs 2015-2016 Calendar
- September 15, 2015 - Emotional Intelligence
- September 22-23, 2015 - Project Management Essentials I & II
- September 29, 2015 - The Power of Positive Workplace Politics
- October 7, 2015 - Leading Change at the First Level
- October 8, 2015 - Leadership is Everyone's Business
- October 21, 2015 - Customer Service: Developing Customer Loyalty for Life
- October 21, 2015 - Advanced Project Management
- October 22, 2015 - Project Leadership
- October 28, 2015 - Going from Peer to Supervisor
- November 4, 2015 - Dealing with Beastly People
- November 11, 2015 - Effective Conflict Management: Tools, Process and Skills Practice
- November 19, 2015 - Communication Skills for Leaders
- December 1, 2015 - Leadership is Everyone's Business - NEW!
- December 9, 2015 - Professional Communication & Presence
- December 10, 2015 - Time Management & Personal Productivity
- December 15 & 16, 2015 - Project Management Essentials I & II - NEW!
- Janurary 7, 2016 - Navigating Difficult Conversations
- January 28, 2016 - Coaching and Evaluating for Performance
- February 9, 2016 - Going from Peer to Supervisor
- February 11, 2016 - Effective Decision Making
- February 24, 2016 - Leading Change at the First Level
- February 25, 2016 - Communication Skills for Leaders
- March 9 & 10, 2016 - Project Management Essentials I & II
- March 15, 2016 - Leadership is Everyone's Business
- March 17, 2016 - Time Management & Personal Productivity
- April 5, 2016 - Assertiveness
- April 6, 2016 - Navigating Difficult Conversations
- April 7, 2016 - Professional Communication & Presence
- April 20, 2016 - Coaching and Evalulating for Performance
- May 3, 2016 - Going from Peer to Supervisor
- May 4, 2016 - Communication Skills for Leaders
- May 10, 2016 - Effective Decision Making
- June 14, 2016 - Leading Change at the First Level
- June 15, 2016 - Leadership Essentials: Understanding Leadership and Team Development
- June 21, 2015 - Leadership is Everyone's Business
Supervisor and Professional Development workshops are open to:
- Partner organizations - an annual partnership allows executives across the organization to participate in any scheduled programs for $299 or 1 unit per person per day.
- Individual executives – individuals who are not part of a partner organization may attend sessions for $395 per day.
- University of Dayton alumni – alumni may attend sessions for $345 per day.
To participate an upcoming session for supervisors and professionals, complete the online registration form.