- Departments and Programs
- Department of Teacher Education
- Department of Health & Sport Science
- Department of Counselor Education & Human Services
- Department of Educational Administration
- Department of Physician Assistant Education
- Department of Physical Therapy
- Doctorate Degree
- Application Information
- Admission Requirements
- Clinical Education
- Course Sequence
- Faculty and Staff
- Contact Us
- Ph.D. Program in Educational Leadership
- Other Programs
Department of Physical Therapy
The University of Dayton's Department of Physical Therapy (DPT) offers a doctoral program that will prepare you to be a knowledgeable, service-oriented, self-assured, adaptable, reflective practitioner. Our faculty and
The need for highly trained physical therapists continues to rise, and the DPT program will put you at the front of the curve:
- U.S. News & World Report repeatedly includes physical therapists among its best 100 jobs.
- Forbes.com ranked physical therapist as one of the Best Health Care Jobs in 2016.
- Glassdoor ranks physical therapist among the 50 Best jobs in America in 2017.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of physical therapists is expected to grow by 36 percent through 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Learn more about our program
Hear what our students and faculty have to say about the DPT program at the University of Dayton:
We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE):